Regional Director South-East Asia
The Regional Director will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing all day-to- day activities of the company’s operations in Indonesia and adjacent countries and achieving Meridia’s business plan for the region. We work with businesses and private landholders, as well as government agencies (ATR/BPN) to ensure compliance and integrations. The Regional Director is responsible for the management of the company’s activities to achieve growth, expanding the service offering nationwide and growing the business to become market leader, and also ensuring significant social impact and long-term sustainability.
- Work closely with the global management board to define long term vision and short term goals. Implement the strategic goals of the organization through day-to-day management of operations
- Drive the following: Sales and Business Development, Finance
- Oversee the following: Operations, HR, Risk, Compliance and other support functions
- Plan and implement the growth and expansion of Meridia in Indonesia and beyond by deepening existing presence and exploring new regions and customer segments, as well as developing innovative new products and services
- Recruit a team for expansion jointly with global management.
- Optimise customer acquisition costs, improve sales productivity and quality and meet month on month acquisition targets
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners, including leading banks, consumer brand companies, commodity buyers and government stakeholders
- Ensure that the company achieves target profitability levels, while remaining committed to client protection and social performance
- Deep understanding of rural and peri-urban customer segments.
- Ideal candidate will have a track record in a senior management capacity, with strong experience in building out and driving a sales oriented organisation, with a strong network in the region. He/she would have headed up a agricultural value chain business division with P&L responsibility. Previous engagement with FMCG and agricultural sales would be an advantage
- 12+ years of direct experience preferably in micro finance, agri/rural, retail banking or other financial institutions, FMCG, telecom, or other sectors with large outreach specially focusing on products for the bottom of the pyramid segments
- “Comfortable and proven track record navigating sales cycle within large corporations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Strong leadership & stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage large teams
What we offer
- Full-time position with market rate salary and benefits package
- Flexible working hours and the freedom to plan your own time
- Business trips to our HQ in Amsterdam