Regional Lead West Africa
The Regional Lead will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing all day-to- day activities of the company’s operations in Ghana, Côte D’Ivoire and adjacent countries. We work with businesses and private landholders, as well as government agencies to ensure compliance and integrations. The Regional Lead is responsible for the coordination of the company’s activities to achieve growth, expanding the service offering in the region and also ensuring significant social impact and long-term sustainability.
- Work closely with the global director overseeing West Africa to define long term vision and short term goals.
- Implement the strategic goals of the organization through day-to-day management of operations
- Lead on the execution, delivery and reporting of all projects in the region
- Oversee the following: Operations, HR, Risk, Compliance and other support functions
- Plan and implement the growth and expansion of Meridia in West Africa by deepening existing presence and exploring new regions and customer segments, as well as developing innovative new products
- Participate in new initiatives in technology to set up processes and enhanced customer experience
- Work with global and regional management to prepare, partner and deliver large land documentation projects
- Stay abreast of both company and industry sustainability and climate crisis efforts
- Develop Meridia’s value proposition and how land documentation can impact sector and landscape efforts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners, including leading banks, chocolate companies, cocoa buyers and government stakeholders
What you bring
- Deep understanding of rural and peri-urban customer segments
- Ideal candidate will have a track record in a junior management capacity, with strong experience in coordinating and overseeing various projects and partnerships
- Worked at an agricultural value chain business division and having a network in the region
- 3+ years of direct experience preferably in micro finance, agri/rural, FMCG, telecom, or other sectors with large outreach specially focusing on products for the bottom of the pyramid segments
- Comfortable and proven track record coordinating projects with corporate, donor, NGO and government client
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage large teams
What we offer
- Full-time position (4 or 32 hours days/week) with market rate salary and benefits package
- Flexible working hours and the freedom to plan your own time
- Business trips to our HQ in Amsterdam